MIAMI COMMERCIAL LITIGATION LAWYERS
Annette C. Escobar, Partner at ACE Law, P.A. focuses her practice on international commercial litigation, international insolvency, International and Domestic commercial litigation and appellate practice, as well as fraud and asset recovery. Annette advises and has extensive experience representing international corporations and individual clients, including receivers, trustees, and others, in cases pending before state and federal, and appellate courts in the U.S. She also has experience in representing individuals and corporate entities in complex international business and government disputes arising from Latin America, the Caribbean and European operations, as well as enforcement of foreign judgments.
Annette C. Escobar
A Certified Financial Crime Specialist (CFCS), Annette is noted as a leader in her field. She often has spoken on financial fraud, international bankruptcy, and asset recovery. Some of her notable speaking engagements include the 2012 and 2016 INSOL International conferences in Colombia and the British Virgin Islands, as well as to the AIJA conference in Santa Margherita, Italy.
Additionally, Annette who served as chair of the Board of the Florida Bar Journal and Secretary of the Florida Appellate Committee of the Florida Bar, is a prolific and award-winning author.
Annette is admitted to all state and federal courts in Florida, the United States Supreme Court, the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida..
Our clients usually operate under intense time constraints and we realize that time is money.
Ace Law serves clients in a a variety of ways. Whether directly, as co-counsel or as local counsel, the Ace Law Firm delivers legal services for domestic and international commercial litigation cases.
We are available to partner with other law firms in order to lend our expertise on complex cases where we could be of value. Business Law can get complex and time can be pressing. We lend our services to other firms regularly.
At the ACE Law Firm, we are team players. Firms regularly rely on us in conjunction with other attorneys and legal experts. We are brought in for complex cases when no stone can be left un-turned. Our expertise adds value to the case like no other
We are regularly featured as local counsel in cases that need our experience and expertise in this particular jurisdiction. We act equally as simply facilitating counsel in other jurisdictions to navigate the Florida court system and as more substantive counsel on Florida law
J.D., St. Thomas Law School (2000)
- Cum Laude Graduate
- Salutatorian equivalent
B.A., University of Miami (1997)
- Double major in International Finance and Marketing and Business Management and Organizations
- Minor in Computer Information Systems
- Honor Graduates
- The Florida Bar
- United States Supreme Court
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeal
- District Courts for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florid
Annette also has appeared as counsel for the prevailing party before the United States Supreme Court. See Lozman v. City of Riviera Beach, 133 S.Ct. 735, 184 L.Ed.2d 604, 81 (U.S. 2013; successfully obtained reversal in U.S. Supreme Court 7-2, of an 11th Circuit opinion finding that floating structures were vessels for admiralty purposes, in which a new definition of “vessel” was established.
Honors and Achievements
Annette has been honored with multiple awards and recognition for her outstanding contributions to the legal profession, including:
- Latinvex Latin America’s Top 100 Female Lawyers 2018-19
- Who’s Who Legal: Thought Leaders
- Who’s Who Legal: Fraud and Asset Recovery
- South Florida Legal Guide’s Top Lawyers
- Florida Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, 2018, 2010-15
Published decisions in which Annette has participated before Florida Federal district and state appellate courts include:
- In re Consorcio Ecuadoriano Telecommunicaciones, S.A., 2014 WL 104132 (11th Cir. 2014), vacating 685 F.3d 987(11th Cir. 2012): successfully obtained affirmance on appeal of order permitting 28 U.S.C. 1782 action to obtain discovery in support of reasonably contemplated foreign litigation;
- In re Application of Mesa Power Group, LLC, 878 F. Supp. 2d 1296 (S.D. Fla. 2012): granting motion for assistance under 28 U.S.C. 1782 for use in NAFTA proceedings commenced in Canada;
- In re Application of Alves Braga, 272 F.R.D. 621 (S.D. Fla. 2011): granting motion for assistance under 28 U.S.C. 1782 for use in foreign liquidation pending in Brazil;
- In re Application of DVLP LLC, 2010 WL 3781567 (M.D. Fla. Sept. 23, 2010): granting application for judicial assistance in favor of foreign proceedings pending in Anguilla;
- Guttierrez v. Gutierrez, 14 So. 3d 1250 (Fla. 3d DCA 2009): on behalf of intervenor, the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, successfully obtained affirmance of order denying motion to vacate judgment based upon alleged fraud for failure to disclose asset in marital settlement agreement.
COMMERCIAL LITIGATION ON INSTAGRAM
We are your Business Law
& Commercial Litigation Attorneys in Miami, FL.
Contact us: 305.542.0544
3301 Ponce De Leon Blvd, Coral Gables, FL. 33134
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.
Get Your Free Consultation
Looking for a Commercial Litigation / Business Attorney in Miami? Our clients have both domestic and international legal matters that The ACE Law Firm specializes in handling. Schedule your free consultation today.